Nursery crop insurance is available in all states to all persons operating nurseries that meet certain criteria. Insurance coverage applies, by practice (field-grown or container), to all of your nursery plants in a county that:
• Are on the Eligible Plant List;
• Are grown in a nursery that receives at least 50 percent of its gross income from the wholesale
• marketing of nursery plants;
• Meet all the requirements for insurability; and
• Are grown in an appropriate medium.
Nursery plants may not be insured if they:
• Are grown in containers containing two or more different genera, species, subspecies, varieties,
• or cultivars;
• Are grown for sale as Christmas trees;
• Are grown as stock plants; or
• Are grown solely for harvest of buds, flowers, or greenery.
Plants producing edible fruits and nuts can be insured if the plants are available for sale.
Harvesting the edible fruit or nuts does not affect insurability. Your nursery must be inspected and approved as acceptable before insurance coverage can begin.
For more information about Nursery Insurance Click Here.
USDA / RMA division is looking to create a new nursery policy and needs feedback from Nursery Operators and Managers. This is the chance to help create a policy that works for you and all nurseries. Click HERE
to view the 'Nursery Value Select' presentation and send your comments, ideas, and suggestions to email@example.com